We have been very pleased to present signed copies of the new book, "The Heydays of Selly Oak Park", which records the early history of the Park, to the following local schools:
St Mary's Church of England Primary (Lodge Hill Rd)
St Edward's Catholic Primary (Selly Park)
Tiverton Primary (Tiverton Rd)
Raddlebarn Primary (Gristhorpe Rd)
Watermill Primary (Water Mill Close)
Cherry Oak School (Frederick Rd)
The first four of these schools are mentioned in the book; the last two are newer schools, opened since 1911. Northfield Manor Primary School (Swarthmore Rd) also received a book - they have taken part in our Annual Festival football competition. Dame Elizabeth Cadbury Technology College was also presented with a book, acknowledging the Cadbury connection with the park. Mrs. Emma Gibbins, who with her sons donated the Park to the district in 1899, was a member of the Cadbury family.
Visit our history page to read for yourself.